Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Settling in Beijing.II

It's almost been a week since I last landed at the Beijing Capital International airport, and made my way, with a friend's help, to WuDaoKou, where I stayed at a youth hostel until I found my room where I'm at now.


Beijing hasn't changed much since ten months ago, which is nice in many ways.  I'm living on the north west side now, rather than the east-center side, so I'm in a new neighborhood.  A good friend who I went clubbing with almost every other night last summer just flew out to America... sadness.  I start teaching on Friday.

Blogspot, twitter, and youtube are all blocked in China, but you can definitely find your way around it if you use your college's VPN network.

Hit me up if you plan on being in Beijing!  Also, if you're interested in visiting Macau, I'm so, totally down.  My chinese cell is 13681279493.

No comments: