Monday, May 19, 2008

End of Sophomore Year

Wow, I cannot believe that I'm already half way through college. It's been both a frighteningly fast and yet exhilarating time. I love it here. Despite the trials and tribulations, I find school to be extremely challenging, rewarding, exciting, and special. I'm really looking forward to next semester's production of The Laramie Project. I had my last final today, and I stayed up until 4 a.m. because I couldn't go to sleep! I was going through every scene in my head, and also coming up with exciting ideas for publicity, outreach, recruitment, and what have you. If you can make it, I really think it'll be worth it, definitely! We're going to work very, very hard to make this production very, very special.

Coming to Harvard, I never thought I'd be so involved in theater. I thought initially that I couldn't go back, because high school was a very special place for me, and in college I'd just study the "practical" things. Well, I've learned that if I'm not happy with the things I'm doing, I should evaluate my activities, and if I'm not happy that means there are some drastic changes that need to be in order. I'm really glad that I've determined that this semester. Teaching and Theater, I think, are things that I expect to be very challenging and yet so rewarding in the upcoming junior year.

I can't believe sophomore year is over!! I need to pack things now, and empty out my room and all its modern art posters, and ... I'm getting pretty sad just thinking about it. Just 7 hours ago, I couldn't wait to be done with my last final. Now I really want to enjoy myself before I leave. I'm sad to go.

I've learned so much these past two years!! Except right now, I've done so much work these past three weeks, with final papers, oral presentations, interviews, organizing, etc. etc. I can think of nothing better to do right now than to waste all my evening playing computer games. I don't expect these posts to be read, but if you're interested, I've posted most of my final papers and presentations that have taken up so much of my life these past few weeks. Maybe someone will learn something that took me hours and hours to write. If any of these topics interest you, I'd love to hear what you have to say! I really do.

One complaint that I know I have is that I wish I had more time to work on these papers. I think that they're good, but I know that I can make them even better if I just had 1) fewer things to do in so short a time frame and/or 2) more time in which to do the things I had to do.

Anyways, here they are, in no particular order:

Social Studies Paper on Minorities in Today's Society using Beauvoir, Freud, and Foucault as a basis for discussion.

New York City Department of Education from 2002 to 2008 School Reform Analysis. This was a group project, so both the presentation and paper are jointly authored by Sarah Kasok, Jon Sproul, and Jason Wong.

Los Angeles Unified School District Urban Education Reform up to 2008 Analysis.

Statistical Analysis on Home Environment and Income on School Behavior.

P.S. We broke 3000 hits!

No comments: