Monday, May 19, 2008

Statistics and Sociology Final Paper

Home, Sweet Home: An Explanation of Income and Home Environments on School Behavior
by Jason Wong

Abstract:
in this paper I explore the idea that family income and home environment are indicators of student academic behavior. My hypothesis is that both variables can predict whether or not students are likely or unlikely to turn in their homework. Ultimately, however, my findings are unable to support my hypothesis. Multiple regression shows that, contrary to what I expected from my descriptive analysis, that family income and time alone are both pretty poor indicators of homework completion. In the end, I explore other potential factors that could be greater indicators of student behavior in school.


Read this doc on Scribd: Home Sweet Home

No comments: