Monday, August 11, 2008

7 Days

I can't believe that I only have seven days left before I head home from Beijing. I'm already in the mindset that my wonderful trip here is over, which I have to will myself to get out of this mindset.

The weather has improved a lot these past two days. It's actually comfortably hot instead of just hot and humid. Things are relatively calm in the areas I've been in, no massive crowds compiled on the streets doing anything crazy (which might be exactly what organizers have in mind)- as there would be in my home city.

(With help from friends, namely with their information and guidance) I found a location to buy Olympic tickets and am on track to see China v. Spain tomorrow! So maybe I will get to be a part of this Olympics after all. Well, I suppose if you're here, and hotel rooms are going for a thousand American dollars a day and above, and the most exciting Olympics in recent memory were taking place, you'd have to be a fool to pass up the opportunity to attend.

The only thing that I regret from this trip, which isn't much (so it speaks to what a good time I've been having here) is that I dropped my new US cellphone and my diary somewhere in Beijing. Yea, unlikely to get those back. But oh well!! Hopefully by blogging I'll be able to replace everything that was lost in my diary, and I could always buy a new phone when I return to the States.

No comments: